Your privacy is critically important to us.
At Positive Health UAE, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide, we collect as little as possible! We like our privacy too.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private).
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather and use information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are a wellness coaching practice, which aims to educate and motivate people about lifestyle changes that may help improve their wellbeing. We use our website to provide information on healthy living and lifestyles.
We also provide individual instruction and group sessions on wellness coaching.
- Our website
- Our Appointment Scheduler
- Any Intake Forms
- Any Opt In Forms
- Any Feedback Forms
The information we collect is:
- Your Name (first and last)
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
For online purchases we use Paypal. PayPal is the one that stores actual payment info, like credit card or PayPal account info.
Daniela Cook [email protected]
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through using our website when you sign up for a service.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here is an example:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your profile. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a service through our site to provide name, email address, phone number and date of birth. This is the basic information we require to set up your profile.
- If you choose to pay online you may be required to provide additional information, however this information is not stored by Positive Health UAE, it is stored by the credit card processing company (for example PayPal). Such information may be your name, credit card information, billing address and contact information. The information is stored by PayPal.
- If you join our email list. We only collect your name and email.
- Communications with Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or questionnaires, communicate with us, or post a question on any of our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about page views and traffic on our site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services.
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy and/or to get your feedback.
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use.
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of all.
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our products.
- To personalise your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Positive Health UAE, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like posting a comment on our blog, or other comments that you make public on our website.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Positive Health UAE is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Affiliates and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Affiliates and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about your use of our Services. These technologies allow these third parties to recognize your device to compile information about you or others who use your device. This information allows us and other companies to, among other things, analyse and track usage and determine the popularity of certain content.
Third Party Software
Certain “plug-ins” that run our site Services, may ask you to provide information about yourself. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
Latest update 01/10/18